Hold the phone! Yes, Jesse Liberty, author of over 20 books, Program Manager on the Silverlight Team at Microsoft, self-confessed "Silverlight Geek" (it actually says that on his business card) is coming to Bristol. And he's going to talk on Silverlight for 2 hours! Jesse is doing a lightening tour of the UK combining The .NET Developer Network in Bristol, ReMix in Brighton and 2 events in Dublin and Belfast. On Tuesday 16th September 2008 he is in Bristol to cover two Silverlight subjects:-
Styles, Templates and Visual State Manager
1. Introductions, Make fun of the American
2. Modifying a toolbox control with in-line attributes
3. Creating Styles and applying them to controls in Xaml
4. Creating Styles and applying them to controls in Blend
5. Reskinning toolbox controls with Templates, by hand
6. Reskinning toolbox controls with Templates, in Blend
Skinnable Custom Controls- The Parts and State Model and Inside the VSM
1. An introduction to the Parts and State Manager and VSM in detail
2. Creating a Custom Control
3. Visual States and Visual State Groups
4. Storyboards and Transitions
5. Inside the VSM
6. Creating a Custom Control Contract
7. The Template Part Attribute
8. The Template Visual State Attribute
9. Putting it all together.
10. Good night and where’s the beer?
Attendance is free - you just have to be a member (which is free) and send an email saying you want to attend. If you're into Silverlight can you afford to miss hearing about it straight from the horse's mouth ? (Sorry, Jesse, British colloqualiasms sometimes leave something to be desired).